Wednesday, December 01, 2004

 

Jesus - The Liberal Years (Part 2 of a Series)

As I attempt to prove that Jesus was indeed the first liberal, I will quote from the book of Matthew 6:5-8.

This is a common theme throughout the teachings of Jesus. He's saying those who flaunt their faith do so for their own gain. Those who are humble in their faith are the ones who will be rewarded. Correct me if I'm wrong, but to me it looks as though it's the conservatives who are flaunting these days. They are the ones trumpeting their faith so as "to be seen by men." It's almost as if they feel insecure about themselves.

So what does this say about us blue-staters that aren't shouting our faith from every rooftop? Could it be that we are actually more Christ-like than the ones who claim to be so devout?



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com