Wednesday, February 02, 2005

 

Just A Few Observations

Wow, what a speech! I can't believe he was able to pack so much shit into a mere hour. I'd like to take a quick look at some of the more outrageous moments.

Example #1
WTF? Frivolous? It causes cancer you stupid shit! My grandfather died from lung cancer brought about in part from the asbestos in brake pads. It's not frivolous, it's deadly!

Example #2
Once again, WTF? Can somebody please point me to the place in our Constitution that "defines" marriage. I've looked and I can't find it. So I want to know, if it hasn't been defined, how can it be re-defined? Yeah, yeah, I know, the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) states that marriage is between a man and a woman, but if it was so damned important, why wasn't it included in the Constitution? Am I to believe that there weren't any homosexuals back then? Please!!!!

Example #3
All together now, WTF? We were free before they died, moron! They didn't die to make us free, they died because you told us that Saddam possessed WMD. When soldiers died in 1776, they were dying for my freedom. When soldiers died in 1865, they were dying for my freedom. When soldiers died in 1917, they were dying for my freedom. When soldiers died in 1942, they were dying for my freedom. Soldiers today are needlessly dying for a lie! Quit pissing in my ear and telling me it's raining. While I mourn the death of any and every soldier, I can not abide by the statement that they are dying for our freedom.

Example #4
Has it ever occured to any of these people that maybe the insurgents aren't there to fight the Iraqis? Maybe if we left, the insurgents would too. After all, who's being targeted by the insurgents? It's the US soldiers and the Iraqis cooperating with us. To be honest, I don't know about this one. Just an observation.

Finally, this was the same shit we've been hearing for the last four years. It's all empty talk. Notice how [almost] all of his paragraphs ended with a declaration that can't be disputed. Things like:
Each of these statements received applause from both sides of the aisle. However, it's all empty rhetoric. These are lines specifically written to get applause because nobody will disagree with them. They have no intrinsic value. Thay don't lay out a plan. They don't solve a problem. They don't even promote an idea. They are simply statements that everyone hears and says "duh." This is why the uninformed Americans think he's such a great leader. He says the things that everyone can agree with. The problem is, the statements have absolutely no substance.

If you'd like to read a transcript, you can find it here. You may want to bookmark it, because I'm sure we're going to hear it all again next year.

BTW - My adventures on the Discussion Board from yesterday have continued. After I posted yesterday's letter, the conservatives really got their undies in a bunch. I was called some pretty nasty things. But they didn't disappoint. Instead of actually showing me where I was wrong, they responded with personal attacks and insults. You can always count on a Republican to lower the level of discourse.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com