Friday, April 22, 2005

 

And So It Begins

On Wednesday, I discussed the situation concerning Tom DeLay and the offer made by the Republican members of the ethics committee. And I predicted that it was an attempt to turn the tables on the Democrats by putting them on the defensive. Well, it turns out I was right.

Now I'm not normally one to pat myself on the back, but this was just too obvious. This is has been the Republican game plan for years. When trouble raises its ugly head, redirect. "Hey everybody, look over here!"

We've seen this before. Allow me to take you on a trip in my now infamous Way-back machine.

Ah, but wait. When it became clear that those weapons were not going to be found, they redirected.

Their running a game of political three-card monty on the American public. Sadly, there are a whole lot of people that don't see the spin. But we do and we can do something about it. As I recommended the other night, we can get involved. Write that letter! Make that call! Don't let these guys turn the tables yet again. They are the party with everything to lose. They are the party that should be playing defense. Make them do it. The ball is definitely in our court, now we have to do something with it.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com