Monday, April 18, 2005

 

You Were Expecting Something Else?

This is typical.

Look, I'm not a lawyer, and I'm not an expert on the finer points of the law, but I've got a pretty good idea about right and wrong and this was just plain wrong.

Let's say I've got a buddy who just got married. He loves his wife dearly and is spending a lot of time with her. Feeling slighted and a little jealous, I pay an acquaintance from work to call my buddy's house periodically asking for his wife. In these phone calls, my acquaintance drops hints that he and the new wife are romantically involved. My buddy gets pissed and ends up divorcing his new wife and now has more time to go fishing and watch ballgames with me.

Did I do anything illegal? Of course not, there's no law against lying. Did I do something wrong and unethical, damn right I did. Just because I hired someone else to do the dirty work doesn't exonnerate me. This is wrong. What the Education Department did was also wrong. They hired someone to drop hints in an attempt to influence the public's opinion. It's sleezy, underhanded and dishonest. Bad management? Yep! Poor judgement? Boy howdy!

And what about Bush's statement concerning this issue? He said "We didn't know about this in the White House." Oh really?

I thought Bush was going to "restore integrity to the White House." Apparently that was only the first of his lies.

You know, Clinton didn't technically break any laws when he had his affair with Monica Lewinsky but the Republicans sure prosecuted the shit out of it, didn't they? Too bad there wasn't someone around at the time to call it what it was: "poor judgement."



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com