Tuesday, May 24, 2005

 

On Second Thought...

Maybe I was a little quick to judge last night's deal concerning Bush's judicial nominees and the nuclear option. I still don't think it was in our best interest, but it's certainly got the Republican base all in a tizzy. Check out the comments from Free Republic.

It appears as if the right is viewing this as a major defeat for their side. Check out Dobson's reaction:

ConservativeOutpost says "GOP grabs the ankles:"

Power Line seems pissed:

And those over at Confirmthem.com are less than pleased:

So maybe I jumped the gun a little. I don't like the deal but neither do the Republican faithful and if this deal actually drives voters away from the Republican party it could become a major victory for us. I'm not going to hold my breath though. I have yet to meet too many conservatives that can follow through on their promises. Besides, once the party leaders see the dissention in the ranks, they're liable to whip the nuclear option back out in the blink of an eye (say maybe around July of 2006) if they think it will win them some votes. You'd think the conservative base would get tired of being treated like cheap whores on election day, but they don't seem to mind.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com