Friday, June 17, 2005

 

This Time He's Gone Too Far

I can deal with the rhetoric.

I can handle the misrepresentations.

Hell, I sometimes even laugh at the simple-minded stereotypes.

But this time, he's gone too far.

Coming from the man who said that Abu Ghraib was just a few people blowing off steam, I guess I really shouldn't be that surprised. I guess I just didn't expect that he could sink any further. Clearly, I was wrong.

Yes, of course, I'm speaking of Rush Limbaugh. The blowhard, himself. Today, as I do most days, I caught a portion of his show. As luck would have it, it just so happened that today I caught the beginning of the show. In true Rush fashion, he was whoring like a skank in need of a fix. It seems that Sen. Dick Durbin's statement concerning prisoner abuse has really got Rush's undies in a bunch. Funny how the truth has a way of doing that to him, isn't it?

So today, in yet another blatant attempt to redirect the ditto-heads' attention away from the truth, Rush offered them this:


In case you can't read it, the front of the shirt says "Club G'itmo" and the back says "I Got My Free Koran and Prayer Rug at G'itmo." Don't like that one? Don't worry, he's got others. One says "Your Tropical Retreat from the Stress of Jihad" andd the other proclaims "My Mullah went to Club G'itmo and All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt." As Eddie Murphy would say "Ha ha! Very funny, motherfucker!" (That is, of course, before he was known as Donkey from Shrek.)

You know, it's bad enough that our country's image is continually stained by the reports of abuse that eminate from this place, we really don't need this blowhard and his didiot listeners celebrating it like it's a fucking carnival attraction. He then has the gall to claim that it's people like Durbin that are giving our country a bad name. Call me crazy, but maybe, just maybe, the one's giving the country a bad name are the shitheeps walking around celebrating the fact that we chain people naked to the floor for hours on end forcing them to piss and shit on themselves. If I did that to my dog, the humane society would on my ass faster than I could say "Rush Limbaugh is a big fat idiot."

But he doesn't stop there. Oh no. That wouldn't be low enough. In his never-ending effort to become lower than low, Rush offers his listeners the side-splitting Club G'itmo Brochure that states:


and features pictures like this:


Because after all, nothing is funnier than the humiliation of our detainees. Classy isn't it?

Does anyone remember Michael Fay? He was the American teen arrested and caned in Singapore back in '93 or '94. Remember the outrage over that? Here was an American who had been arrested and given due process under the law and we were pissed at the treatment he was to receive. I'm not condoning the punishment, I believe that it was excessive, but it was the law of the country and applied to everyone there. Now here we are denying the detainees at G'itmo their due process, treating them in a way that we wouldn't treat one of our own, and we're still surprised that the rest of the world would be outraged? Heh.

But just in case this whole thing needed another kick in the teeth, Rush is now offering the five day weather forecasts for G'itmo and Baghdad. Because for fuck's sake people, we're doing these detainees a favor, you know. The temperature today in Baghdad reached 114o. The temperature in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba? A cool 87o. So what are they complaining about? Surely they can withstand daily humiliation if it means they don't have to sweat. Right?

Right?



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com