Monday, January 30, 2006

 

It's Just Not Logical

According to the AP, tomorrow night's SOTU speech is going to focus on energy.

Excuse me, but isn't it a little late for Bush to be pretending to be energy concious? When oil companies are posting record profits, it just seems a little disingenuous to me that a former oil man is going to be touting alternative energy sources. After all, he let ExxonMobil decide the direction of his environmental policy, so why should we believe that he's going to do anything that will steer money away from them? It's not logical.

While I do plan to watch the SOTU address, I don't plan on believing much of it. Over the years I've learned to believe very little of what Bush says and even less of what he promises. (Remember the $15 billion he pledged to fight AIDS in Africa a few years back? As it turns out, that money had already been allocated by the Clinton administration years before.) If I can count on one thing from Georgieboy, it'll be that this speech will be no different than any of his past speeches - full of empty promises, empty rhetoric, and empty logic. I guess you can say he's consistent.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com