Tuesday, February 21, 2006

 

Say What?

You know, ever since I first heard about the deal to turn over port security to the UAE owned Dubai company, I've had this funny feeling that there was something more to the story. Something more than just what the media was telling us. Yeah, sure it's a boneheaded idea, but this is George W. Bush we're talking about. It's bound to be boneheaded. But then today after I read this, I got a sick feeling in my stomach.

At first I couldn't figure out what it was about this statement that caused me to feel that way. But as the day went on, it began to dawn on me - Georgieboy had broken another promise. Anybody remember this?

I don't know... Allowing the UAE to run six of our largest ports sure sounds an awful lot like turning over our national security to other countries. In fact, allowing the terrorist-supporting UAE to run six of our largest ports sounds exactly like turning over our national security to a very dangerous country. Thanks George! Way to keep us safe.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com